Saturday 17 February 2018

Valentine Bunnies

Hi guys

This evening I'm sharing a Valentine's Day card I made for a friend to give to his wife.  The design was pretty much left to me.  As it was a special card I made it A5 in size, instead of A6 which is the size I use for the majority of my cards.

Here it is...



I started by stamping the kissing bunnies and colouring them with ProMarkers before cutting them out with a stitched heart die.  I cut out a second heart and embossed it with a hearts embossing folder.  On a panel of deep red cardstock I stamped 'to my wonderful' in VersaMark and embossed in silver.  I also embossed 'Happy Valentine's Day' in silver onto a strip of vellum which was wrapped around the panel and secured on the reverse.  I stamped and embossed 'Wife' in silver and die cut with its co-ordinating die.  I adhered the panel flat to the card base and popped up the die cut sentiment on 3D foam as well as the bunnies heart over the embossed heart.  The photo below picks up the embossed hearts a little better.


To finish, I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the bow, pink hearts and the bunnies' tails.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Kiss Me Quick, Happy Anniversary, Sugar & Spice (and co-ordinating die), Call Cupid
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Embossing Folder: We R Memory Keepers - Next Level 'Dotted'
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Heart Stax
  • Vellum and cardstock from stash

Challenge entries:

My Time to Craft - Challenge #364 - Love is all we need
Happy Little Stampers - February Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies
STAMPlorations - February Challenge - Paint it Red/Love
Creative Inspirations - February Challenge - Love is in the Air and/or Pink/Red colour scheme
Cards in Envy - Love you so Much
Artistic Inspirations - Challenge #193 - Anything Goes (Valentine)
Creative with Stamps - Challenge #23 - Hearts




Thanks so much for visiting :)

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! It's perfect for our "love" challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous card Neets! Those little bunnies - squeal :) Perfect in every way and I bet it was a huge hit!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable sweet bunnies - love the whole card! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the love bunnies and the two hearts! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute..that image is adorable!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I'm sure your friend's wife loved it!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red and white, super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so cuuuteee
    the bunny is sweeett Image Anita
    and lovely WIFE sentiment
    I love your silver emboss too on the other sentiment
    Great sketch Anita
    great Heart /Red card
    Many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps on February Challenge
    hugs
    Monika (Co-creator)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...