Saturday 3 December 2016

Less is More Week #305

Hi guys

It's 8am on a Saturday morning which marks new challenge day over at Less is More.  And the first Saturday of the month means we're back with a Colour challenge for you.  This week we would like to see...


Primary Colours



We have a new Challenge Sponsor for the month of December...

Uniko

Bev from Uniko is joining us as a Guestie this week, as is our October Winner, Kathy K of Purple Princess Diaries.  Please do pop over to their personal blogs and show them some love.


I'm desperately trying to get my Christmas cards made as I was very late last year.  And this year I'm even later getting started!  So, if I can make a challenge fit, it calls for another card to add to the stack that is slowly getting taller.  So here's card number one...



A bit more emboss resist after last week's challenge!  I embossed the snow and stars in clear embossing powder and then inked over in blue.  I then die cut a section of my inking using a stitched circle die.  I die cut another circle in white and die cut again using a stitched landscape die to create the snow.  Before adhering together I stamped the sentiment.  The little polar bear's hat was stamped first, then masked before stamping the bear.  I coloured with ProMarkers and then fussy cut him out and adhered him to the scene. This was then popped up on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Snowy Backdrops; Clearly Besotted - Arctic Animals
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Broken China
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circle Stax; Mama Elephant - Landscape Trio
  • Coloured with ProMarkers

Challenge entries:

CAS on Sunday - Challenge #97 - Christmas
Time Out - Challenge #71 - Christmas
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #34 - Anything Goes with Christmas
Dream Valley - Challenge #145 - Winter Animals



I decided to make a gender neutral birthday card too...



I die cut the stitched rectangle first and then stamped the sentiment using the MISTI to ensure I got a good impression.  I die cut two balloons from scraps of patterned paper and added some hand drawn strings before adhering the balloons off the top edge. The panel was then adhered using 3D foam, with a little under the balloons too.  Super easy!

Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Laugh Out Loud
  • Stamps: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #2
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cyan and Royal Blue


Thanks so much for popping by today.  My teamies have created some wonderful cards this week so please pay them a visit if you have time.  I know they will appreciate it.


13 comments:

  1. Two FAB cards Anita! Glad the Christmas stash is growing slowly :D I love the circle shape and soft blue of the first one, and how cute is that little bear?! The birthday card is awesome with the fun balloons and wonky stitched border. Fantastic! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant neets! Festive cuteness, bold balloons! Can't beat either and glad that another Christmas make ticked off for you. Have a fabulous weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these cards Anita. Your Christmas one is drop-dead gorgeous! Such a cute image and the balance of the bright coloured hat with the delicate snowy sky is perfection. Your vibrant balloons on the second card are a treat for the eye. Well, I'm swooning over all your stitched dies....got those on my list for Santa but I doubt very much he'll bring me any. I'll just have to keep swooning at your cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on the Christmas card making, Anita! I am frantically making festive cards whenever I can. That little polar bear is the cutest thing and you have used the primary colours so cleverly. The bright birthday balloons are a perfect way to bring the colours out and I love that wonky stitch die....I keep meaning to get it :) Have a great week and good luck with the Christmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both your cards Anita and like you I am WAY behind on my Christmas card making! The polar bear is simply adorable and I love the winter scene you have created on the die cut. You have showcase the All Occasion Sentiments #2 perfectly on your second card and lovely to see you using your Uniko goodies too ;) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two simply adorable cards...love that Christmas card, that bear is just too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super neat cards love. Just love your Christmas one, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards both look great! Love the subtile yellow and red and the cute image on your first, but the bold use of colour at the second is great to! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such festive cards...both will put a smile on anyone's face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fab cards, I think the first one is my fav though, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is lovely, perfect for our challenge at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet winter scene you have created. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...