Sunday 11 September 2016

Upcycling - Notebook Cover to Tag

Hi guys

This morning I came across the new challenge over at AAA Cards where they want us to recycle something not bought for crafting, and use it on our creations.

Firstly I kicked myself as recently, in an effort to tidy and re-organise my craft cupboard, I disposed of a few bits and pieces I had collected over time thinking they might 'come in handy' one day!  But I still did have a couple of things I thought could work.

So, earlier today I made two cards, here is the first.


This pretty little tag started it's life as a plastic semi-transparent notebook cover...


I started by die cutting part of the cover using a stitched tag die which I ran through my Big Shot a few times.  I stamped a sentiment onto a panel of white cardstock and then embossed with a wave embossing folder.  I die cut the flower and adhered this to the tag. The tag die didn't include the hole so I used a single hand-held holepunch to make this (lots of brute force was needed to get through the plastic!), threaded through some ribbon and tied with some twine.  With the tag being plastic I wanted to make sure it would adhere firmly so I used Glossy Accents behind the flower die and ribbon so it wouldn't show through.  There's plenty of the plastic left and I still have the other cover too so I can make more with this :)

Materials used:

  • Stamp: Altenew - Hennah Elements
  • Ink: Altenew - Cotton Candy
  • Embossing Folder: We R Memory Keepers - Next Level Wave
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Traditional Tag Stax; Wplus9 - Flower Doodles
  • Ribbon: American Crafts - Grosgrain
  • Twine: Hemptique - Ruby Collection

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Game #73 - Upcycling
Sunday Stamps - Challenge #135 - Happy Colours
Happy Little Stampers - September Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #28 - All Kinds of Everything (Butterflies)




I'm glad I've finally got the chance to put my thinking cap on and use this.  The post about the second card I made will follow shortly.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I'd love to hear your comments.



6 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous Neets. In fact I'm swooning having seen the notebook cover it's completely unrecognisable. Totally magical transformation. Love it and thanks for playing at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use that beautiful notebook cover! Love the stark white die cut on it as well. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag card!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a pretty plastic Anita
    the colors are so happy
    Sweet Tag card you have made sweet friend
    we did not see so long time in Blog land
    I miss the time that we visiting each other ...hope I can do better and visit you more :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, what a beautiful card. You re-used this plastic cover so artistically. Flower Doodles die cut matches the pattern in style perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your card at AAA Cards challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, those are definitely happy colors! Very creative use of the plastic cover!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...