Saturday 27 February 2016

Less is More Week #265.....and New DT Members!

Happy Saturday, lovelies!

Although I've popped up here and there in blogland over the last couple of weeks, I'm now back from my little break (sometimes life just gets in the way and I needed some time out!), and I'm here to tell you about the new challenge just starting at Less is More.  But before that, we have some fabulous news...


OUR NEW DT MEMBERS!

So I'd like to introduce you to these lovely ladies...


There is more info over on the main challenge blog this morning.
Congratulations and welcome to the team, ladies!
xxx


So, onto the challenge, and this week we're back with a Recipe challenge which is to...


Feature/Use Wire


When I saw this theme pop up on our DT blog it sent me into panic mode as I remembered selling all my craft wire and pliers, etc. about two years ago....help!!!  But a challenge is a challenge so I managed to find a little inexpensive pack of craft wire and created a few sample cards for you.


For my first card I used some green wire to create some tendrils...


I stamped the leaves and sentiment directly onto the card base.  The flowers were stamped and die cut with their co-ordinating dies and I then cut some lengths of thin green craft wire and wound them around one of my thin paint brush handles.  I then pulled them out into spirals and flattened them slightly.  The flowers were popped up on 3D foam which adhered the wire into place.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Celebrating You; MFT - Large Desert Bouquet (with matching dies)
  • Ink: Versa Color and Versfine Onyx Black
  • Thin green craft wire

Challenge entries:

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #414 - Florals
Penny Black and More - February Challenge - Anything goes with a Stamp and Die(s)



For my second card I used the wire to create a bow on a present...


I gently stencilled a checkerboard pattern out from the centre of the card base with some Distress Ink.  The polka dot glitter card was die cut using a pierced square die to create a present.  I made some loops with some silver craft wire to create the bow and this was held in place when I popped the present up on 3D foam.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: MFT - Checkerboard
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Squares
  • Glitter cardstock: Kanban - Sherbert Pips
  • Stamp: Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
  • Thin silver craft wire

Challenge entries:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
The Friday Mashup! - Challenge #243 - Birthday Theme / Use Stencils
The Male Room - Challenge #29 - Monochromatic Colour Theme
Happy Little Stampers - February CASE the Designer Challenge - Shona Chambers (I used the central image with sentiment underneath and used blended stencilling to surround)





For my final card I simply used a piece of wire to create a bunting string...




I stamped the banners in orange, blue and green and cut them out with their co-ordinating punch.  I then cut a piece of craft wire and curled each end.  I thought the card base may look a little plain so before adhering the bunting I splattered some co-ordinating ink towards the top half of the card.  The banners were then adhered on 3D foam, holding the wire into place.  A simple sentiment was then stamped in black.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Banner Blast (and matching punch); Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orange, Cyan, Fresh Green; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink (for splattering) - Mowed Lawn and Spiced Marmalade
  • Thin dark blue craft wire

Challenge entries:

{PIN}spirational - Challenge #159 - Bunting and balloons photo




So there you have it, panic over, I got there in the end!  Why not have a play this week and see how it goes, and we'd love for you to pop over and show the new LIMette ladies some support and congratulations.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope to see you again soon.



28 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning collection of cards. Great to have you back, hope you had a great break.
    I love the bunting, so colourful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamping and inking on all three cards Neets, many thanks for joining us again at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back - hope you had a restful break and got back into gear. I adore all of them - I'd never even thought of using wire in a card - twine yes, not wire! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know where my first comment went out what I said!!!! Anyway no need to have panicked about this challenge teamie! These are fun, frivolous, flirty and fabulous! Love them all and swooning! Have a fun and successful day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And doesn't that wire look amazing in all its variations! Fabulous cards Anita and I'm thinking I need to have a play with some wire now. Thanks for the inspiration and linking up with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Anita. Love how the wire has been used in completely different ways on all 3 cards and all of them have lovely clean lines. Superb!
    So happy to be joining the team and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to have you back, Anita! These cards are gorgeous and I am glad you managed to acquire some wire :) I totally love the little present against the soft chequerboard stencilling - that touch of wire is so effective! Looking forward to joining you over at LIM x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love these subtle uses of wire Anita, they really are terrific enhancements to your design. Great stamping too!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful selection of cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three great cards. I particularly like the preset card, such a simple but effective design. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect, perfect, perfect! I enjoy banners so much but really don't work with them too much.the simplicity of the design is what I like best.. your colors too are so springy. Thank you for joining us at PINSPIRATIONAL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the CAS style of your banner card! The tiny splatters in the background are fun and I really like the idea of using a wire to "hang" the banner pieces ;o) Thank you so much for joining us at PINspirational Challenges ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. I love the present and will put it on my pinterest board. Using wire looks interesting and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards Anita but I love your birthday one... it is so CAS, but love the background stencil! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back Anita x.
    The wire is an integral part of all of these and looks perfect - you are clever, love these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Anita: All of your cards are so beautiful, fabulous way to incorporate the wire into them.
    This challenge got me a bit worried, I really didn't know if I had any wire or if I did, how to use it on a card, but like you said, a challenge is a challenge so I went digging and found a spool of copper wire for my card.
    Thank you and the DT for giving our brains a good workout with this challenge.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I came over because I wanted to comment on your adorable HLS Case the Designer card, and was rewarded with so much more. A fantastic group of cards here today. All stunning. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the card and what a great way to create a banner with some wire, I will have to give it a try! Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done using wire on all of your projects. When I saw the theme I was perplexed as to how wire would go on a card but it would seem there are plenty of ways to use it. Thank you so much for CASEing my little card, your present is so sweet and love the wire bow. Such a clever idea!! So wonderful to see you at Happy Little Stampers this month too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your cards with wire are gorgeous! What a great job you did shaping your wires, and some fabulous ideas! The bow in the present is perfect. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your cards. The the CAS feel and the pops of color on the white card. Thanks for joining us at CCT this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. very nice work, I do like your style Anita. I did not really like that you said my submission was not "white" enough though as Anne's sample card had no white on it either. I thought "white space" did not refer to a certain color but rather uncluttered space?? Please enlighten me. Thanks, my email is: piotter@prtel.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous wire creations Anita, love all of them ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great stuff!!! Lovely!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three beautiful creations here, love them all, such pretty color choices one each one of them!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More. Hope you come play along in our March challenge, starting on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of these are fantastic! Love the colourful & clever CAS designs. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...