Tuesday 23 February 2016

From Scrap to CAS - Another Quick Make

Hi guys

I'm back to share the second super quick card I made on Sunday using another leftover which was lying around on my craft desk.

You may recall this card (second in post) that I made for the current Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge where the technique this month is Embossing Folder Stamping.  When inking up and spritzing my embossing folder I made two impressions, each using a different side of the folder.  The results are quite different, this card shows the impression I created using the other side of the folder.



I inked up the embossing folder with two Distress Inks, spritzed lightly with water and stamped it onto my cardstock.  For this card I cut the panel down at an angle and adhered it to my card base.  I then added a thin strip of co-ordinating purple card from my stash to finish off the edge and stamped a simple sentiment.

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Darice - Bold Daisy
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Flight of Fancy

Challenge entries:

Crafty Catz - Challenge #312 - CAS...no designer papers and no fuss
Allsorts Challenge - Week 351 - Birthday Wishes
Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #198 - Clean and Simple
CASology - Week 186 - Distress



And just for fun (as I'm on the DT) I'll link up at Happy Little Stampers.



And if you want to try this great technique there's still plenty of time to enter the HLS CAS challenge, the linky doesn't close until the end of the month :)

That's all for now, I'll be back later with this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.  Hope to see you then.



10 comments:

  1. WHAT! That's seriously a bit of scrappy leftovers?!?!?! You need to have a word with yourself ... it's awesome, beautiful and downright gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the use of scraps - works perfectly! Love the purples. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you get two very different looks and both are fabulous. Great idea with the prettiest of colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A CAS beauty!!! What a great technique! I love the diagonal line on this!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special card for a special day - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh so pretty Anita! What a great technique idea. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love the image you have created, just perfect for our CAS challenge over at Ooh La La, Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card Anita, this is really pretty and I love your colour combo. Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous effect, Anita, and I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty .... fab colours and what a gorgeous embossing folder. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...