Saturday 16 January 2016

We're Kissing at Less is More

Good morning, crafters!

So, there's a new challenge for this coming week just kicking off at Less is More and we have an interesting one for you.  Our theme for this week is a technique, which is...


Stamp Kissing!
This involves inking up a solid stamp and a detailed stamp and then 'kissing' them together before stamping onto your project.  There is a more detailed description over at Less is More or you can find lots of tutorials over on YouTube.


I've got two examples for you today.  I won't lie, I dragged LOTS of stamps out of my stash before I found some which worked together.  And a little tip for you, I find this technique works best with pigment ink, the sticky consistency seems to help in keeping hold of the detail of the images.

So, here's my first...



For this one I chose leaves as my solid images and a distressed grid image for my detail.  For each leaf I inked it up with the lightest ink, then inked up the grid stamp with a darker shade, 'kissed' them together then stamped on my card base.  I stamped a few leaves in different shade combos directly on my base.  I embossed the sentiment in white on a black strip of textured card, adhered this flat and then added some enamel dots.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Paper Smooches - Leafy Greens; Kaidercraft - Grid; Sentiment from Hero Arts set (unknown name)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Green Tea, Evergreen, Bamboo, Olive, Umber; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Doodlebug Sprinkles - Limeade

Challenge entry:

Daring Cardmakers - Leaf it Alone!


I decided to go with a fun feel for my second card...



Again, I stamped the solid images, this time the balloons, with the lightest shades and then inked up a circles background stamp with the darker co-ordinating shades.  These were kissed together, stamped, and then die cut with the co-ordinating balloon die.  I stamped the balloon strings on a white cardstock panel and adhered the balloons flat to this.  I added the fun style sentiment and then popped the panel up on 3D foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Wplus9 - Whole Lotta Happy; Uniko - Balloon Bash (strings); Pink Cat Studio - Background Stamps
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cyan/Royal Blue, Heliotrope/Violet, Pink/Opera Pink; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Wplus9 - Whole Lotta Happy

Challenge entries:

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #408 - A Bit of Fun
Seize The Birthday - Clean and Simple
Simply Create Too - Challenge #100 - It's Party Time
Stamping Sensations - January Challenge - Anything Goes with a Die(s)
Time Out Challenges - Challenge #47 - Birthdays with Optional Twist (I didn't twist for this one)


If you are new to this technique why not have a go, I've only done it once before so this was also a challenge for me this week.  I hope you'll join us.




22 comments:

  1. These are fab Anita, I love the shades of green, they work so well together! Fab cards!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love your leaves card. Enamel dots are a nice touch too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 kissing stunners in the bag Anita and love em both. Such a talent.
    Have a fun week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Neets! The balloons definitely say it's time for a party!Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Viv (DT). x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards so very different and both so clever. The second one is such fun and love the sentiment with it. Thank you for the inspiration on this 'new to me' technique x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stamp kissing. Your cards are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards, Neet! Great stamp kissing! Thanks for sharing them with us at stamping sensations for our stamp and Die challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful Anita, I love the green leaves. Great job.
    Hugs, veerle

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely clean crisp and elegant card Anita.

    Many thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Stamping Sensation challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards. Those leaves are super-elegant! The technique is great, haven't done that in a while - so thanks for the reminder :-) And thanks of course for sharing your work with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Anita, love how you have kissed the stamps! Adore the colour combo on your card for TO, thanks for joining us x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards and I love the criss cross leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty...what a fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are great! The leaves card is simple, but stunning: cool technique, lovely colours and a great layout. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards!
    Many thanks for joining in our 'FUN' Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not tried stamp-kissing, but your duo of delights here sure spark incentive to try! The leaves are very cool; the balloons, filled with celebration! Impressive!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing cards - the stamp kissing is so effective (and clever!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards. Thanks so much for sharing your birthday card with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous kissing Anita! The Balloons really "pop" out. Must have a search through my stamps - never tried it before!
    Thanks for your lovely comment - (and it doesn't matter if it's late - it's great to hear from you anyway)!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card and kissing technique. it really works for balloons.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too DT for challenge no. 100, Celebrate/Party Time.
    Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this technique and love your cards too! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you and your wonderful work in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! Great work! Thank you for joining us at TO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...