Saturday 9 January 2016

One Layer with a Flourish

Good morning

Saturday morning at 8am can only mean it's time for another new challenge over at Less is More.  Our sequence of challenges has whizzed around again so this week we are back with our One Layer challenge and the theme is...


Flourish


I've got two cards to share with you this week, here's the first.  And with February not far away I thought I'd go with a Valentine's Day theme...




I started by stamping the flowery flourish off the top edge of the card base with black ink.  I then found a stamp which co-ordinated perfectly and used part of this to create the vertical line of dots to suspend my die cut heart which was cut from a scrap of deep red cardstock.  I then added some Wink of Stella for some shimmer, stamped the sentiment along the top edge and finished by adding some clear smooth gemstones to the centres of the flowers.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Inkadinkado - Modern Flower Flourish; Penny Black - Salutations (line of dots); Clearly Besotted - Happy Anniversary
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Cardinal
  • Die: Lawn Fawn - Mini Hearts
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear; Smooth gemstones from stash


Challenge entries:

613 Avenue Create - Challenge #157 - Anything Goes (option - CAS card)
CASology - Week 179 - Simple















I chose a coloured card base for my second card...



I stamped the flourish and butterfly in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I love that the butterfly also has flourishes on its wings!  I coloured in the butterfly with ProMarkers to add a touch of tone on tone detail.  I then simply finished with a sentiment stamped in green ink and some glitter enamel dots.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Flowers for Design and Beautiful Butterflies; MFT - Peaceful Wildflowers
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Evergreen
  • Embossing powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: ProMarkers; Glitter Enamel Dots from stash

Challenge entries:

Passion for ProMarkers - Challenge #327 - Monochrome (little use of ProMarkers but they are there!)
House of Cards - January Challenge - Embossing and/or Color Inspiration (I chose embossing here)



One layer cards are fast becoming one of my favourite types to make, I don't know what I was so afraid of before.  My teamies are sharing some great projects this week, if you get the chance please pop over to their personal blogs, I know they will appreciate your visit.  I can't wait to see your creations in the gallery this week.

Bye for now!


33 comments:

  1. Stunning cards! I love the layout of the first card, great idea that works so well! The green card stock works so well for your second card - apart from Kraft card I rarely used coloured card and having seen yours I really must give it a try! The impact is stunning and a great way to introduce colour. Brilliant.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 2 stunners Anita! Both so classy and striking. Swooning with envy at your talent and stash! Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these. They are gorgeously flourishy! I especially adore your green card - it's so simple and yet so effective. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Anita and both so elegant!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both wonderful cards. You've nailed OL cards! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Neets! Thanks for linking to us at HOC, so glad you did, Jo x HOC/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, Anita - so elegant and CAS. The coloured card base really works for the second card which has such a serene feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A duo of gorgeous, Anita! Smitten with black/white and pop of red in the first...so classy! Your second, on the coloured cardstock, is stunning...swooning over the wee butterfly!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. One layer cards are so difficult (for some, like me) but you obviously have the bead on this design discipline. Gorgeous work on both! Thanks for sharing these beauties with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are gorgeous cards. Love the detailing with the gems. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are both so elegant! i love the pop of red on the first and i LOVE the green card base with the striking white heat embossed images! thank you so much for sharing some more of your very creative CAS cards with us this month at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards I love the one with the little heart xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards love the hanging heart!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards! Both are so pretty & elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning!
    Thanks so much for joining in my Monochrome theme at Passion for Promarkers! :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards...love that sweet little red heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are simply breathtaking, Anita! It's lovely to see flourishes used and still have the cards be pretty and clean and simple!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the elegant simplicity of the flourish with the shimmery heart. Two stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow; your second card is as beautiful as the first! Always great to come over here and get inspired by you!
    (And yes, I do have a huge stamp stash...I stopped buying books and photography stuf and scrapbookstuff for four years just to be able to buy more stamps... And still I see so many beautiful stamps... :) It is a better addiction as other ones...and you can use them as often as you want...) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both gorgeous, Anita! LOVE the beautiful white embossing on the green base! What a fabulous combo! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both so beautiful Anita! I do love that soft, serene green make and the stamping is really clever on your Valentine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I absolutely love these - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two really gorgeous cards, Anita! I love how you stamped both flourishes, and really love your sparkly heart!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the clever way you have combined the stamps, a nice crisp finish too

    ReplyDelete
  25. What subtle and beautiful details in both cards. Fabulous CAS one layer cards x

    ReplyDelete
  26. simply stunning, i love the green colours and beautifui flourish and butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always leave your blog inspired Anita!
    Thanks for sharing your super simple but beautiful card at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Anita!! Both of your cards are amazing. I love the heart on the first card. It really is super pretty. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  29. 2 fab cards. I think the first one is my fav with that cute heart and so clever how you used the stamp to make the hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. More gorgeous CAS creations - I love these too! You've been super busy! Thanks again for sharing your talent with us in the House of Cards "Use Embossing and/or Colors" challenge this month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HOC DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW! More gorgeous CAS creations! LOVE! Thank you for joining our January Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...