Friday 1 January 2016

2015 - Year in Review and Some Favourites

Hi there

May I start by wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

I was planning to write this post yesterday but was working all day and then completely ran out of time so I suppose New Year's Day is a good enough day to reflect on the previous year.  I've also been crafting today, catching up on Design Team commitments so have finally got my essential stash back out where no doubt it will remain until I need the table again next Christmas!


Design Teams

So, during 2015 I have remained on and love being part of the Design Team at Addicted to Stamps and More.  It's been sad to see some great teamies go but also great to have new members join the friendly team.

In May I was asked to be Guest Designer for a few weeks at Less is More and was then delighted when I was invited to join the team as a permanent member, alongside some lovely ladies.  Clean and Simple designs are my absolute favourites so I'm so lucky to be on this team creating CAS cards on a weekly basis.

July saw me join the CAS team at Happy Little Stampers.  Having worked with 'boss lady' Kylie at ATSM for some time I was delighted when I was chosen to join one of her teams and thrilled for her when she launched her very own stamp company.  I can't wait to see what new designs are coming up this year.

And finally, I had to pinch myself when Queen of Clean and Graphic, Ardyth, emailed me asking if I'd like to join the team at Muse. Er, helloooo!  Of course, I bit her hand off and started creating for Muse in July.  I love that there are no rules, I can create any type of card I want and love seeing how it inspires the participants.

So, to all my bosses and teamies at the above teams I would like to say a massive THANK YOU for having me, I'm having a blast!


Guest Design Work

At the beginning of the year I was lucky enough to be invited by the lovely Stephanie, owner of Clearly Besotted Stamps, to be a Guest Designer for the second time, this time for the January Release.  I absolutely LOVE Clearly Besotted and have soooo many CBS stamps and dies in my stash so this was an absolute honour to showcase her products.

I also had the pleasure of guest designing for Less is More, Uniko Challenge and twice for CASology.


Stash

I played around with a few new techniques last year, and the main reason for this was that I discovered and purchased my first Distress Inks!  I don't know how I managed without them and now plan to add a few more colours to my collection.

As usual, I purchased a lot more than I used so hopefully this year (!!!) I'll use more of what I already have and spend less....hmmmm, not very likely is it?  We crafters are all the same so I know you'll understand our need to have new happy mail....if only to stroke it before storing it away in a nice new storage system! haha


Favourites

Now to share some favourites.  These aren't a card per month, just the ones I've enjoyed creating or was really happy with the result.


Loved this combo of stamps and a digi

Really enjoyed this stacked inlaid die technique

A simple one layer card but I absolutely loved it, and you did too

One of my first attempts at blending with Distress Inks = hooked!

Loved working with this little touch of gold and I won some challenges with this CAS card

More Distress Ink blending and I was so pleased with this super simple card

My first of many cards using the ghosting technique with Distress Inks, stencils and water
 
One of my GD cards for Uniko, loved building the design with these tiny stamps

A one layer card, digi, colouring, masking and stencilling - loved how this turned out
 
I think this is my absolute favourite

I adore this Altenew stamp set, perfect for colouring

Tone on tone colouring - this won a few challenges and had so many lovely comments

Took some planning but was really pleased with the result - and was delighted when fellow bloggers wanted to CASE it too

I've done very little paper piecing but this one was great fun to create
 
My GD card for CASology and one of the simplest cards I've ever made!


If you're still with me, thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you've enjoyed my blog throughout 2015 and that you'll continue to visit, I just love your visits and overwhelming comments.

I'll be back in the morning to tell you about the new challenge at Less is More :)







12 comments:

  1. So many accomplishments! No surprise, you are so creative and you have an impeccable sense of style! Great to see some of my favorite cards among those you featured. Happy New Year to you and your family, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly amazing cards!
    Hard to pick favorites as they're all so beautiful in their own way, but the colorful thank you card with inlaid die cut sure looks fantastic. And I really like the one with the tree, beautifully blended colors and a super crisp CAS layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...2015 sounds like it was a fabulous year for you. I love all your wonderful creations and how fun to see all of them on one post. Wishing an equally wonderful 2016! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab selection Anita, some great cards there.
    Looking forward to seeing you in July, HYN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anita,
    I admire your wonderful card. You're one of my favorite designers.
    Happy New Year in 2016.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. All fantastic cards. You have a really lovely style & I love your cards with distress blending & stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome selection of your fabulous creations teamie and here's to another fabulous year of creative joy! Can't wait to meet you IRL later in the year ... pinching myself!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved seeing your work this year and you've been part of the reason I've entered Muse twice and intend to enter again - if I enter a challenge it's usually only ever once!! Your cards are so beautifully clean and simple. Here's to a super crafty 2016! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of my favourites in those cards. Would say my most favourite would be the blue and white tone-on-tone card, its a work of art!!! Looking forward to more of these this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great choices Anita my friend! I wouldn't be able to narrow it down!! Thank you for the inspiration during 2015 and I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! Have a great 2016! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful selection of cards, Anita. I have one more, a Christmas card, hanging in my kitchen! It is a beauty and all of my girls have commented and oooooo'd over it. :) Did you use a stencil and embossing medium on it? It is truly lovely. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful selection of cards Anita, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...