Sunday 1 November 2015

Vintage Rose Save the Date Tags

Hi guys

I've got something a little different to share with you today.

I was recently asked by a friend to make some Save the Date cards for her wedding next year.  They had seen some online that they liked that were in the form of a luggage tag so they wanted to go with that design.  Based on the colour scheme she gave me I made some mock-ups with different fonts and images for them to choose from.

This was the final design...





I printed the wording onto some cream cardstock before die cutting with the stitched tag die.  The fonts I used were called EcuyerDAX, Elegant Typewriter and Typewriter Condensed.  I think these work really well with the rose design.  Then came the time consuming part.  When I showed them the vintage rose design I didn't imagine how much time these would take.  Of course, the roses and the leaves are separate stamps and it is also a three-step stamping set, so each tag has twelve separate stamped images on it! Unfortunately, my printer won't take very thick card so the card I used was fairly thin, so I die cut more tags and adhered them back to back (my poor Big Shot was very tired, as was my arm!).  This also covered up the rough side of the die cuts and gave a better finish.  I then punched the holes with a single hole punch and tied some jute twine to each one.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Altenew - Vintage Roses
  • Ink: Versa Color - Vanilla, Sand Beige, Umber
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Tags
  • 2-ply jute twine

I would like to link these up at the following challenges:

The Challenge - Challenge #48 - Weddings
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Dies and/or Punches (used both here)
The Friday Mashup - Challenge #232 - Leaves
Crafty Catz - Challenge #299 - Let's Tag It


I'm now putting together some ideas for the wedding invitations using the same theme and will share these at a later date.  

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Have a great day whatever you're up to.





18 comments:

  1. These are so perfect, romantic and brilliant Anita. Love the colours you've used on the roses. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with these. I think you may want to ask Santa for a Misti when it comes to the invites. I'm starting to use mine more and it is pretty fabulous for bulk stamping. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! A lot of work, but well worth it. Beautifully done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anita - what an amazing labour of love, but so worth the time and effort. The stamped Roses are fabulous.
    Look forward to seeing the invitations! Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate and so pretty. Yes looking forward to seeing the wedding invitations now in due course x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah but it is sooo worth it these are simply gorgeous and the vintage look is so soft and delicate...love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your sore arm, Anita, but all that work was SO worth it! These are unique, fun, and just fantastic! I can't wait to see what you do with the invitations themselves! Sarah is right, you might want to invest in a Misti! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful save the date tags! Thank you for joining us this week at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully and lovingly done, Anita! And you used one of my favorite stamp sets! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag's Anita thank you for joining us this week over on Crafty Catz
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous and you should feel proud. I once hand addressed in calligraphy wedding invitations so I know you put a great deal of work in designing these "save the date."

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so elegant and beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Save the Date tags. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. wooow
    Adorable TAGS
    elegant Flower
    and you made it so much it must be much work
    but the result is STUNNING Anita
    love this one too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tags, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful Save The Date tags! Very elegant. Thank you for playing with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, what a fabulous effect!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful tags, worth the effort!

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...