Saturday 5 September 2015

Less is More - Week 240 - Colour Challenge

Hi guys

Where on earth did that last week go?  Can you believe it's Less is More new challenge time again?!  And this week we're back with a Colour challenge for you which is...


Green and Gold


I had a hectic week so left making my samples a bit late this week but I have two for you.  Here they are...





On some white cardstock I stamped all the elements separately, first using two green inks and then once dry I stamped the rest in VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then stamped the sentiment in green pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the images using a stitched rectangle die.  I then used a straight stitched die three times to create the stitched rows on the card base and then popped the image panel up on 3D foam in the centre.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Vines Winter Additions, Simply Said Christmas
  • Ink: Versa Color - Evergreen and Olive; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich; Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rounded Rectangles; Paper Smooches - Stitched


Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - September Christmas Challenge - Holly
Creative Card Crew - Challenge #95 - Christmas
House of Cards - September Challenge - Stitch it Up
Merry Monday - Challenge #170 - Use Holly



And here's my second sample...



I masked a horizontal panel on the card base and stamped some leaf images and heat embossed in clear.  With the masks still in place I blended some Distress Inks over the top.  I then did some second generation stamping (stamping off first) in green pigment ink using another image from the same set.  I brushed over the panel with some anti static powder and then, using my VersaMark ink pad I swept it up from the bottom edge and down from the top edge.  I then heat embossed using Wow! gold embossing powder.  A simple sentiment stamped in green finished the card.  As this is a one layer card and lots of embossing was involved, it did warp a little so it remained under a heavy book for a while to straighten it out.  Glad it did as this one took some time to create!


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Card-io Combinations - Greenery 1; Clearly Besotted - Many Mini Messages
  • Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn; Versa Color - Evergreen
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear; Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich


Challenge entries:

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #146 - No Patterned Papers
Crafty Catz - Challenge #291 - Anything Goes
AAA Card Challenge - Challenge #47 - Spectacular Embossing













Right, I'm off to tidy my table due to the carnage I created after making these two!  Have a fabulous weekend x


34 comments:

  1. Anita these are lovely, I like those thick gold lines on your one-layer - well done for getting it flat again! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy and cas-tastic Anita! Both cards are spectacular and why didn't I think to use the Uniko additions set!!!! That's one brilliant showcase of that set! Love it. Now what have I got that you want????? Have a good week! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards, I love that the green is embossed on the first card too, it's a wonderful CAS design and the second incorporates one of my favourite techniques!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Anita! I love green and goldtogether and it really doesn't have to be a Christmas combo either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, I love the delicate Uniko delicate stamp on the first card. Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, Anita! I love how you have used the Uniko Winter Vines on the first card and the stitched lines on the card base are a fab touch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, the first is so elegant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Anita! I always think its got to be exactly the right shade of green for this colour combo to work... And i does perfectly on each card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Lim cards Neets. Love the 1st one xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this design it is beautiful,
    Thank you for sharing at CCM&M
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards Anita. LOVE your green and gold stamping of the sprigs with the stitched borders ... so fresh! And LOVE the sponged green background with the generation stamping and embossed leaves -- a real wow factor with the gold edged border. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas card is so perfectly CAS, Anita! I love the elegance of the gold embossing and the "stitching"! And the second card is amazing in all the details! Your ability to "sweep" the VersaMark pad so evenly is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and elegant! I love the wonderful look you created with these two colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are beautiful, Anita. I couldn't choose a favorite. Both are lovely. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Spectacular Embossing challenge. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning cards Anita! I love the subtle touches of gold embossing - especially on the second one - so pretty! Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards again this week and congrats on your win in our last challenge! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anita, I just LOVE your cards - gorgeous CAS designs! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning x two, Anita! Love the simple elegance of the first and the beautiful sponging/inking of the second. In awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous cards. The panel on the one you entered into my challenge is beautifully created. A stunner

    Thanks for sharing in my No Patterned Papers Challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  19. Arrrrgh! I knew when I read this post you'd entered at AAA Cards but only just catching up and realised I didn't thank you!
    Awesome and perfect embossing and well done on your win today for the last challenge. Thanks for sharing. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Christmas card is so delicate and so pretty. Love the layout and stamps that you have used. The leaves and embossing card is just gorgeous. Love how you finished it off with the gold embossing. Congratulations on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two gorgeous cards Anita, I love how you embossed the masked panel, brilliant, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your green and gold Holiday card is soooooo striking!! I am pinning it and may CASE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards Anita! I love the touches of gold embossing, fabulous faux stitching on first card! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anita
    Great cards. The stitched one fits right in with our challenge. Thanks for joining in at House of Cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally gorgeous cards! I LOVE the CAS holiday card--it is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, beautiful card, Anita! The first one is my favorite, green and gold embossing - fantastic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cards are lovely Anita and the holly one is particularly beautiful! I love the delicate green stamping with the rick gold embossing on top - such a great contrast and a wonderful design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the masking, blending and embossing. Wonderful CAS card. Thank you so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards Embossing Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. these are both beautiful! i love the stitching detail on the very festive holiday card and i love the green in both against the white - so pretty! thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning cards, Anita! Your holly and embossing is divine! I really love the edged embossing on your second card, too! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such fab cards again Anita, love them both ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty holly card and I love the design! Love the CAS style too! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous CAS card using holly! I love the way you did the green and gold separately. I'm very impressed with how perfectly each little element is positioned! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two gorgeous cards Neets. Love the holly card with those awesome stitch details. Thank you so much for entering our September Stitching Challenge. I hope we see you again for the October challenge Karen (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...