Saturday 11 July 2015

Less is More Week 232

Good morning crafters

We've whizzed around to Saturday morning again which means it's time for a brand new challenge at Less is More.  And this week we're back with another One Layer Challenge and our theme is...

Masculine

Please ensure you read our guidelines if you're unsure of our rules.


I used to panic at the thought of creating one layer cards but I actually love creating them now.  A lot of my cards evolve as I go but with one layer cards you need to pretty much have the finished design in your mind before you start as there's nowhere to hide!

I've got three cards to share with you today.  I have literally no masculine cards in my stock so decided to create a few while I wasn't in pretty mode! haha




I masked a horizontal panel and blended Distress Inks in three colours.  I then used the ghosting technique by laying a stencil over the panel, spritzed with water and removed the stencil then blotted with kitchen paper to remove the colour.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans; Versafine - Smokey Gray
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Sentimental Type
  • Stencil: Tim Holtz - Splatters

Challenge entries:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #290 - Masculine
Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #159 - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Challenge #86 - Grunge















My second card...


For this card I used a different part of the same stencil and blended through with three different Distress Inks.  The sentiment was then simply stamped over the top.

Materials used:
  • Ink: Distress Inks: Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stencil: Tim Holtz - Splatters
  • Stamp: Stampin' Up - Sassy Salutations

Challenge entry:

CASology - Week 154 - Repeat



My third card...




I remembered a card that Jen Nelson had created from my early days in blogland where she used tone on tone colouring on kraft, here.  I think this one sticks in my mind as it was the very first time I entered a card at Less is More!  I chose some neutral coloured cardstock and stamped the plane directly onto the card base.  I added just a little colour in two co-ordinating FlexMarkers, stamped the sentiment and then added some simple score lines in opposite corners to add some interest.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Need for Speed; Clearly Besotted - Many Mini Sentiments
  • Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • FlexMarkers: Champagne and Sandstone

Challenge entry:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #293 - Monochromatic



I think most of us will agree that guy cards are the toughest to create so why not have a go and get a card or two in your stock.  I hope you'll join us and can't wait to see your creations in our gallery this week.


27 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic but I think the first one is my absolute favorite. Such a pretty blend of colors and an artsy look too! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab! Love them all, great techniques and stenciling. I'm swooning over the plane one too and the little embossed detail is perfect! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. All tree your cards are beautiful! I specially love the technique you used on the first card, fabulous result!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Neets. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are one layer perfection, Anita!! I so love your inky panel - that hint of watery stencilling is fabulous. Those score lines on your last card are a clever touch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspiration Anita!
    Your CASology card just scream happiness all over!
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you've been busy. I just love the inking on your first one - sheer perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite of the 3 is the airplane - love the motif, the colors, and the texture of the cardstock that all say 'masculine' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three great cards, I want that stencil! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards are so great for this challenge. One layer still freaks me out, but I'm workin' on it. I think my fave is the third because my SIL was in the US Air Forde.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. Love the simplicity & colours of the first one x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards -- love the distressed sponge strip

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love your first card, your sample on the LIM site. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three fabulous masculine cards, Anita! My fave is the last one with all the wonderful texture and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your first card has an absolutly " WOW factor" for me ;))
    Greetings from Germany Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific trio Anita, I love those bright primary paint splotches x

    ReplyDelete
  18. All three so good for a man, although my eye keep coming back at the first; think it is so stunning! Great such a super CAS-card! Hope you'll have a colourful week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three awesome cards Anita. I still cringe a little when it comes to one layer, but I'm slowly getting there. You have mastered it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all three cards Anita, great technique for your first card and love the textured card for your third :) I quite like OLC's too... helps take some of the decision making away on the design!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anita, your second card with the stenciled/blended splotches of color is so bright, fun and cheerful! What a great way to illustrate this week's cue word! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three GREAT cards! Really love the inking on the first card...sure wish my inking looked that good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATS on your well deserved win at CASology, Anita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your trio of creative and gorgeous cards. I love them all but your first card is my favorite, love the water stains.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are awesome, Neets. The first one is stunning in its' simplicity, the second is full of joy and the scored lines are just perfect on the last card, very creative.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Anita, you made three fab cards, I love all of them, well done you ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...