Wednesday 26 November 2014

Sending You Christmas Wishes - Colour Me...! Guest Designer!

Hi there

This is my last week as Guest Designer for the month of November over at Colour Me...!  So before I share the colours of the new challenge I'd like to say a massive THANK YOU to Hayley and Tara for having me, I've had a lovely time being part of the team over the last few weeks.  And thank you to the lovely ladies on the Design Team, you've all made me feel very welcome xx

So, without further ado, here is this week's colour palette, isn't it gorgeous?!



And here is my card (I had a little trouble with the photography this week, the aqua ink was refusing to show up so, apologies, it's not the greatest!)...



I recently bought the Endless Wishes set from Stampin' Up so wanted to ink it up for this card.  I used some white cardstock and randomly stamped the different sized snowflakes in three ink colours.  I then cut this with a pierced square die.  On the card base I marked a horizontal strip on the back of the card front with pencil.  I then used my score board to make small diagonal stripes all the way across the width of the card.  The snowflake panel was then mounted using 3D foam pads.  Next I used a strip of white cardstock to stamp the sentiment in the darker purple ink and offset this onto a snippet of aqua cardstock.  This was also then adhered with 3D foam.  The final touch was a scattering of gems.  These are gorgeous, they are almost flat, but just have a slight dome shape to them.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Endless Wishes
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orchid, Seafoam, Heliotrope and Violet
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Squares Stax
  • Accents: Glitterati gems
  • Tools: Stampin' Up - Simply Scored

I would like to enter this card at the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #52 - Sketch




















Let's Craft and Create - Challenge #99 - Christmas
Inkspirational - Challenge 70 - Christmas with a twist of no red or green
Oh La La Creations - Challenge #170 - Christmas


All the rules for the Colour Me...! challenge can be found here and there is some fantastic inspiration from the Design Team using this week's lovely colours.  So why not have a go yourself and share your creations.

As always, thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again very soon.

Take care



8 comments:

  1. Love the gems scattered about...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Anita. An overall white card can play havoc with your photograph. The camera doesn't always compensate and capture the correct colours. I love the way you've used the Endless Wishes set---very subtle. (I have somehow lost my smallest snowflake from that set and fear it accidentally attached itself to some scrap paper and is gone permanently.) That's a terrific die you've used with the stitching holes right in the cut. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS Anita and loving that delicate use of the colours.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this soft and elegant card you've designed using the colors and the sketch, Anita! Another winner in my book!! Thank you for the GD inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita it has been a delight having you with us this month! Your cards totally blew us away and this one is no exception :) So hope you will keep playing along with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late with my DT comments this week Anita, but just wanted to say how much I love this beautiful card! The colours look subtle against the white and there are some great details on your card - the scored background panel, the pierced element - just lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! as Guest Designer during November - you've been great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita, this is a gorgeous card! SO many details. I adore the embossed background panel and all the beautiful snowflakes! The scattered gems look so pretty! It has been wonderful to work with you at Colour Me...! this month! I have really enjoyed all of your work and hope we can work together again in the future! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...