Tuesday 25 November 2014

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Hi there

When I saw the current challenge at Less is More on Saturday where the theme is 'Jingle all the Way' I wanted to have a raid of my craft stash to see what I could use.  I do now have quite a few Christmas themed products but I really wanted to use bells and what do you know, I found one!

And, when we hear that recognisable sound of the sleigh bells, it means one thing....Santa Claus is coming to town!

Here's my card...




I started by drawing two curved lines with a fine black pen on a spare piece of white card (I actually created the curves by drawing around my bow maker).  The little bell stamp is from a Card-io set of little Christmas icons.  I stamped the bells in red and green as if hanging from two wires.  I then stamped the sentiment.  I used a pierced square die to create a nice border for the images and then used the next biggest die to cut a mat of red cardstock and mounted the white square onto this.  The layers were then adhered to a textured linen card base using 3D foam.  Lastly, I added some Glossy Accents to the bells to give them some shine and left well alone to dry.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Card-io Majestix - Deck The Hall; Clearly Besotted - Naughty or Nice?
  • Ink: Versa Color - Scarlet and Green; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Squares Stax
  • Glossy Accents
  • Cardstock from stash

I would also like to enter this card at the following challenges:

Merry Monday - Challenge #136 - Red, Green and White
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Let's Craft and Create - Challenge #99 - Christmas
Oh La La Creations - Challenge #170 - Christmas

That's all for today, I'll be back with more to share tomorrow so please pop back if you have the time :)




15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Anita, thank you for joining us for our Christmas challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shiny bells, Anita! And the paper piercing frame sets them off beautifully! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card! I love how the little red and green bells pop through the use of glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this .... those jingle bells are so cute. Linda (GD Merry Monday) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, shiny, jingle bells Neet What a fabulous CAS card. Love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple, yet so pretty! Love the glossy ornaments - perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the shiny jingle jangle on this card Anita.
    So lucky you found a bell image.
    thanks as ever for taking part and sharing at LIM
    Sarah x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made such a gorgeous card Anita. Love the simple design of it.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Let’s Craft and Create. Ursula DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab CAS creation Anita, love those little bells!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely idea thank you for joining us at OLL Creations Susan DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those glossy accents are awesome on those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, this is plain and simple ADORABLE!!! Love those shiny bells :) Thanks for joining us at MM this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...