Thursday 6 November 2014

Masculine Abstract Happy Birthday

Good morning

Today I'd like to share a masculine project, this is the card I made for Matt for his birthday yesterday.

I used a new stamp set by Inkylicious that I bought at a craft fair last month for part of this design, and I think it's a great option for a masculine card, something I always struggle to create.




I got my inspiration for this card a while ago when I spotted a similar design on Pinterest.  On a white panel I stamped the three brush stroke designs in different colours.  Then in charcoal ink I stamped the sentiment and the stripes.  This panel was then matted and layered first onto tan textured cardstock and then navy before adhering flat to the card base.  As this card was for my chap, I punched out a little heart, coloured this with a pale blue ProMarker and then adhered alongside the sentiment before accenting with Wink of Stella.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Inkylicious - Brush Strokes; Stampin' Up - Gorgeous Grunge; BoBunny - Sentiments
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sand Beige, Atlantic, Sky Gray, Charcoal
  • Die: Lawn Fawn - heart dies
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Premium Textured Cardstock; white card from stash
  • Other: Wink of Stella; ProMarker - Powder Blue

Challenge entries:

Brown Sugar - Challenge #118 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #253 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #96 - Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #125 - Anything Goes


Thanks for popping by today.  As we're off work for a couple of days me and the man are going out for breakfast today and then I want to go to one of our fairly local garden centres, they always have such lovely Christmas displays and of course, a craft section!  I'm not sure Matt will be impressed but he can make himself useful...holding my shopping basket while I fill it with pretty things! haha

Have a lovely day x





10 comments:

  1. what a beautiful CAS card, so little, yet so much,......thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very sophisticated! I love the palette...strong yet reserved. You are our CAS Designer of the Day for Friday and your project will be featured on our FB page tomorrow. Thanks for supporting our challenge and sharing your fabulous work with us and our crafty neighbors.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card always find it hard doing masculine cards this one is great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it a for a make card. They are always difficult and I think you nailed it.Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week, and hope you see you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this is just one amazing card and so perfect for a guy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely Anita ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect guy card--the colors and images work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great clean and simple card. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...