Sunday 9 November 2014

Feeling Blue?

Hi guys

This morning I would like to share a card I've made for the current CASology challenge where the cue word is 'Sea'.

For the last few days I've been trying to think about what I have in my stash that I could use to create a little seaside scene and then this morning when I finally had a proper rummage I had a brain'wave'!  I found a stamp set from Hero Arts which had a sort of leafy flourish stamp where the edges looked like the crest of a wave so this is what I created.






I printed the sentiment from MS Word in blue and cut the panel to be slightly narrower than the card base.  I then used some scraps of blue textured cardstock in three different colours and stamped a section of the leaf flourish in VersaMark before heat embossing with white powder.  The stamp I used was the right hand section of the central stamp shown below, and the curl below, which I moved up slightly.


I then used a small rectangular die to cut all three stamped images in the same position before mounting in a row on my panel.  The panel was then popped up on 3D foam strips.

Materials used:

  • Stamp: Hero Arts - Shadow & Element
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles
  • Cardstock: white and scraps from stash

As I used some blue cardstock snippets to make this card I'm also going to link up at Pixie's Snippets Playground, Week 150.

I've made another card this morning but I can't share that one with you until later in the week.  But, perhaps, as my mojo seems to be in good form today, I may be back with more :)

Have a lovely Sunday 



24 comments:

  1. Awesome inspiration! Thanks Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you coming up with such a neet idea. Oops sorry about that. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is inspired use of stamps, the outcome is stunning. I love the colours and the layout is just spot on!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too clever Anita... Your mojo is on fire today.
    Gorgeous card .... I'm still scratching my head on this one but yours is a winner.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful idea, and your card is so very well done. A lot of places for things to go wrong with a design as CAS as this, and your execution is flawless. Love your blue waves, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card very simple design but very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, amazing, out-of-the-box thinking here! Well done! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, STUNNING! Love this, reminds me of Hawaii. So crisp and blue! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Anita - brilliant use of snippets and a perfect card! So clever how you used the swirly stamp.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, this is brilliant. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, I adore your waves!! Truly an awesome take on the cue word!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, I love the blues and your clever use of the stamp. Perfect sentiment as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is genius! A gorgeous clean and graphic card with a clever use of stamps! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did I tell you ... I knew you were onto a winner with this one Anita!
    Well done - such fantastic and ingenious ideas you have
    Well deserved. Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So clever and really gorgeous, Anita! CONGRATS on your well deserved win for this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - I absolutely LOVE this uber-CAS card. So cool. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea...the sentiment is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just saw this on the Snippets Playground. Beautiful card, and I'm so glad you showed the stamp you used a section of -- that's a great example of looking at your stamps in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just saw this at Pixies Snippets Playground & had to come tell you how much I love it & that I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So simple yet it packs a big punch! Di did a great job picking this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just stunning, love all the shades of blue and topped with the bright white.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super use of the flourish stamp, the blue colours are stunning.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...