Tuesday 18 November 2014

CASology Guest Designer!

Hi guys

Today, I'm excited and delighted to be joining the fabulous CASology team as Guest Designer for Challenge #122.  To work alongside these super-talented ladies this week is an absolute honour!




So, without keeping you waiting, here is this week's cue card...




I had a few ideas flying around in my brain for the word 'flag' but after a little thought, and two attempts that ended up in the bin (I'm sure that happens to all of us!) this is what I created...




I hardly ever make sport theme cards and always struggle with masculine cards so I really set myself a challenge with this one!  For my disasters that ended up in the bin I was trying to create a golf course scene with masking and ink blending but it just wasn't happening so I decided to grab some dies and textured cardstock instead.  I cut some scraps of the cardstock and used a snow drift die to cut each colour.  After layering these up I adhered them together and then ran them through my Big Shot with a stitch oval die.  I used a small piece of twine to create the flag pole which I secured under the front 'hill' and used a folded over piece of textured red paper from my scraps to create the flag, adhered on the back with a small glue dot.  I placed the oval on my card base which I used as a guide to position my snow drift die.  I then used an embossing mat to create the debossed impressions on the card base, following the curve of the hills previously created.  The sentiment was computer generated and I used a tag die to cut this out before adhering to the card with 3D foam pads.

Materials used:

  • Cardstock: Papermania - Premium Textured Cardstock
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Snow Drifts; Lil' Inkers - Stitched Ovals; Clearly Besotted - Tag Along
  • Twine: Hemptique - Earthy


I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team have created this week, why not take a look here to grab some inspiration.

I want to say a huge thank you to the CASology team for having me this week and I hope you'll find the time to play along.



19 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Anta, I love how the landscape continues either side of the oval :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really stunning, Anita! I love the single red flag and your textured cardstock is amazing! Your embossing is such a clever way to highlight the white space on your card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fantastic and stunning Anita. Just CAS perfection.
    Well done on the guest DT
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so wonderful to see you guest designing all over Blogland, Anita! This card is a design masterpiece!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO clever! Love it! Congrats on the GD gig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, this is FUN colorful and wonderfully masculine, or not!!! Ladies golf too! Super fan of the clever layers and your unique design!!! I am also a FAN of yours, it is OUR absolute pleasure having you join us this week at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GENIUS to carry the curve of the grass out to the rest of the card! Love it! Great to have you as GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats as guest designer. Your card is very original and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, the embossing is so amazing on this card, and I LOVE the textured papers on the golf course! So great to have you guest designing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card for CASology totally rocks. I don't play golf, but even I would love to receive this card!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Anita and this is a joy, love that curved line x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the cue card Anita. Love the embossing. Great to have you as our guest designer this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your guest DT spot. I love your golf card with flag.....perfect! So funny I had a golf card posted as well. I'd say you have a great guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita, this is brilliant!! I love the design and the embossing and the colours and... Well all of it! It rocks! So glad to have you as our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect and clever use of the cue word. So much to marvel at with the construction of this CAS beauty. And, it's so nice to have you with us this week at CASology as our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just look at your Post woooww you are on much Guest Designer.congratulations Anita..
    this card I see at CASology and I adore your idea..perfect CAS and great using the cue words..
    I love the three colors you used and the red flag...
    Great GD card Anita..
    wish you like to visiting me too I am joining at CASology too and make a golf scene too..but in different way :)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy to have your talent with us for this challenge!!! This card really shines! You managed to preserve white space while bringing together texture, dimension and color so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...