Tuesday 4 November 2014

Addicted to Stamps and More #120

Hi guys

Well, the weeks seem to be flying by at the moment and as one more has passed that means there is another new challenge for you over at Addicted to Stamps and More.  This week it's the turn of a very festive...


Photo Inspiration Challenge
You may take any element from this photo to inspire you, e.g. image, colours, theme, layout, etc.



Our sponsor this week is the fabulous StampArt Design and the winner of this challenge will have the treat of choosing 5 free digis from the store.


Before I was a member of the Design Team I was lucky enough to be a challenge winner here at ATSM and bagged myself some free StampArt digis so I've used one of them on my card today, Christmas Candle.




I printed the image onto some white cardstock and coloured it with my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers.  I then decided to fussy cut it out (who knows why?!) which took some patience but I got there in the end!  I cut a panel of textured red cardstock the same size as my card base and used a rectangle die to cut an aperture.  I then adhered some vellum printed with gold foiled stars (this has been in my stash forever!) to the back of the aperture.  Next I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I really need to find another gold embossing powder, this one although it embosses beautifully doesn't really add any sparkle so against the gold foil it looks very dull.  I then adhered the panel to the card base and popped the image up on 3D foam.

Materials used:
  • Digi Image: StampArt Designs - Christmas Candle
  • Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles Large
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Ornamental Style
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Gold
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Premium Textured Cardstock; foiled vellum from stash

If you want some inspiration to get your creative mojo going, take a look at the lovely creations by my fellow teamies at ATSM.  They never fail to come up with some fab ideas.

I'll be back very soon with more to share with you so please do pop back if you have the time.

Take care



13 comments:

  1. Well done with the fussy cutting Anita, it was worth the effort. Love the vellum panel behind the image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patience with the fussy-cutting paid off Anita ... this is so gorgeous and having it cut-out and popped up really adds so much. LOVE the vellum and gold star background. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Anita! The candle is so elegant and your coloring is perfection! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita what a beauty! I love the fussy cutting, it is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is some fab fussy cutting and this is designed perfectly. Love the dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card - your colouring and fussy cutting is fabulous.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas cards do not come more beautiful than this....I love all your amazing and beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great digi, love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, not only is your colouring of the candles gorgeous, but your fussy cutting is amazing! I thought this was a die cut, that's how perfect it is! Stunning card; and I agree with Kim: perfection!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Your coloring is so pretty and I love the vellum background printed with gold foiled stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita. Beautiful colouring and AMAZING fuzzy cutting, love it! Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the candle and holly, beautifully coloured and great cutting! The starry vellum background is just gorgeous. I think this is brilliant take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neets this is DELIGHTFUL! Honestly cannot say enough about this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...