Friday 16 May 2014

A Special Thank You

Good morning

I'm here this morning to share a card I made a few nights ago but can only share today as I shall be giving it to my bestie, Hazel, this morning.

As some of you know I celebrated my 40th birthday last week and Hazel has been an absolute star.  A while ago I said I wanted to go out for a meal with some friends to celebrate and she asked if she could organise it.  Little did I know that she was planning my surprise party last Saturday and she did a wonderful job!  I'm also going away for a girlie weekend today and again, Hazel has organised it all...what a fabulous friend I have, so this little card is for her, although it seems far too little in return! xx

I had some happy mail arrive this week from Clearly Besotted so I used two of the new stamp sets for this card...



I started by stamping the two diagonal stripe stamps, leaving a gap between.  Once the ink was dry I masked these off and then stamped the blooms and leaves.  I adore these two-step stamps!  To finish I stamped the 'thank you' three times and placed some Doodlebug Sprinkles between them.  I love how this turned out but I think it would have looked better if both sets of stripes were the same colour, I think it would have framed the flowers better.  I'm still really pleased with it though and I adore this floral stamp set, I can see this one getting lots of use!

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Diagonal Stripes, Bridal Bouquet and A Little Sentimental
  • Ink: Versa Color - Seashell, Cinnamon, Laurel Leaf and Olive
  • Doodlebug Sprinkles - Spring Assortment

Challenge entries:

Less is More - Week 171 - One Layer Thank You
One Layer Simplicity Challenge #5 - Fabulous Flowers
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #38 - Off The Edge
STAMPlorations - May Challenge - Stamps and Flowers

And I'm so glad I had to wait until this morning to publish this post as the new challenge at Clearly Besotted was announced yesterday and my card fits it so well...yay! I must be psychic!

Clearly Besotted Challenge #11 - Colour Challenge













That's all from me at the moment.  Apologies for my absence lately, I was away for a few days in Cornwall last week and I'll be away this weekend until Monday (these birthday celebrations are busy business!), and its all been a bit hectic in between.  Hopefully next week I can get back to sharing more creations with you.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I'll see you very soon.  Right, off to finish some last minute packing!

Take care



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anita... love the soft hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful Anita, I love those stamps too and your colours are stunning.
    You do have some wonderful friends who certainly love you and want to party with you. Enjoy the special times.
    Thanks for sharing in the LIM challenge
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Anita, I love the design. Thank you so much for joining us at the Clearly Besotted Challenge too. I hope you have an amazing weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a firm believe that birthdays should be celebrated for weeks on end! Happy Belated Birthday to you, Anita!! I love your sweet thank you card for Hazel and I know she will love it, too. She sounds like the BEST BFF EVAH!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply beautiful Neet, the colour combo is lovely and the stamping just perfect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty - those soft colors are wonderful! Great to see you again playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, it sounds like you had a ball and what a fab friend you have! I adore the subtle colours you have used here.It is a very peaceful card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and Stamplorations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be so late commenting, Neet this is such a super creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft and pretty card. Those blooms look like wallpaper - great job. And happy belated! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Anita, and by the sounds of things your friend has done you proud! Hope you had a fab weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! i love the stamps and the pastel colors. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO pretty Anita. I love the colours you've used and the stamping on the angle is one of my FAVES :) Gald you had a happy birthday. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Anita. Lovely colour combination! Thank you so much for joining the Clearly Besotted Challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your CAS beauty is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...