Saturday 19 April 2014

Spring Blossom

Hi there

Sorry I've been absent on here since last weekend.  It's been a busy week at work and I've just been crashing in the evenings but have had lots of ideas for cards flying around in my mind but haven't managed to put any into practice until now.

Today I'm back with my entry for the latest Clearly Besotted Challenge where the theme is Spring.  I absolutely adore Stephanie's stamps so was glad to ink them up this morning.  The one thing I love about Spring is the trees full of blossom so that's what I wanted to attempt to portray on my card.  I saw this gorgeous card a while ago on Caryn's blog, Glitter Me Silly, and had a go making my version of it, using a different flower stamp for the blossom.



I chose a panel of pale blue cardstock as I wanted to portray the blossom against a blue sky.  I stamped the branch image three times using Memento ink, this stamp being from the Clearly Besotted 'Paired Up' stamp set.  I then used the little flowers stamp from the same set to create the clusters of blossom.  As I was using pigment ink for this I was hoping the white would stand out enough but it didn't so I quickly grabbed some white embossing powder before the ink dried.  I used pink ink for the other tree branches and used clear embossing powder this time.  I then nestled the sentiment between the branches.  I fiddled around for a while with some twine and ribbon which I was going to tie around the bottom of the panel but it just wasn't working so I decided to leave it as it was, almost a one layer card.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Paired Up and Design a Tree (sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento - Desert Sand; Versa Color - White and Orchid; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White; Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Cardstock from stash

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew - Challenge 59 - Spring
A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #117 - Spring is in the Air
Oh La La Creations - Challenge #154 - Easter/Spring
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #227 - B is for... - For my card, B is for blue, branches and blossom
Fusion Card Challenge - I took my inspiration from the photo - colours blue, pink and white and the flowers












That's all for now folks, I hope to be back with more over the Easter weekend.  I hope you're all having a lovely Easter break, I know I'm very grateful for a four day rest!

Take care



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anita and I love how you've used that set ... didn't recognise it at first. Think you have plenty of CBS sets too!!! Lol! Despite what you might think I've not even got 1/4 of the sets - not that I've counted but I've still plenty on my wish list. Have some fun over the Easter break. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly clean and simple, and so beautiful! I really like the shimmer too! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and Simple perfection! LOVE the blossoms. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great CAS card Neet! I really love the shimmery embossed white blossoms! Thank you so much for joining us in our B is for... challenge at Crafty Catz !
    Mirella DK
    DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely shimmery blossoms on your branches - in pink and white - a beautiful card! thank you for joining in on the Fusion challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with beautiful colors. Simple and elegant. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hope to see you next time
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful blossoms. A great CAS card. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card, Anita. Love your little flowers. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those glossy blossoms on ur card, beautiful :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Your card gives off such a lovely Spring feel :) Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - a really elegant CAS card.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant card and perfect for our challenge at Ooh La La. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...