Sunday 16 February 2014

Just to Brighten Your Day

Hi there

So much for crafting in the daylight.  Once I'd completed my chores of cleaning the office at work and doing the weekly shop and then got home to do some more crafting, the light needed to be switched on again!  Oh well, the sunshine was lovely while it lasted.

I'm back with a very colourful card this evening, the sunshine must have put me in a very bright and cheerful mood :)





For this card I inked up two stamps I've never used before.  I started by stamping the flowers in VersaMark on a scrap of white cardstock and embossed with black embossing powder.  I then coloured them in with ProMarkers.  I used a circle die to cut them out.  I chose a textured card base to make the circle stand out more.  I placed the die cut roughly where I wanted it to go and then stamped the sentiment.  Next I adhered the die cut using 3D foam and at the very end I added some Glossy Accents to make the flowers bolder.  And there you have it.  Fairly quick apart from letting the Glossy Accents dry.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Dawn Bibby Designs - Butterfly, Dragonfly; Visible Image - sentiment (unknown stamp name)
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - Black
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Circles
  • Coloured with Promarkers
  • Accents: Ranger- Glossy Accents

Challenge Entries:

CASology - Week 82 - Bold
Keep It Simple - #33 - Tropical
Daring Cardmakers - A Pop of Neon
Just Us Girls - Challenge #228 - Colour

















As always, thanks so much for your visit to my little space in Blogland.  That's all for this weekend, hopefully I can find some time in the evenings this week to share a little more with you.

Bye for now

16 comments:

  1. wow this really pops Anita, the glossy accents was a great idea,it really does look tropical x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card.....lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty clean and simple card. Your bold flowers are perfect! So glad you could join us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet bunch of flowers, and love the they are shiny too. Sure to make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Anita, I love the colour and the shine on the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Anita. The colors and shine on the flowers is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow--what a neat card! Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! It's quite simple but I'm sure it will brighten the recipients day a lot =)
    Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers "Use a pop of neon" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely CAS card! I love the textured cardstock too and the shine of the glossy accents on the flowers! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and cheerful card Neet! Love the glossiness too! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita, how clean, simple and sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one really pops with that colour! Love it, thank you for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful color, dimension and texture….. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...