Sunday 22 December 2013

Happy New Year

Hi there

I thought I'd have a little more craft time this afternoon and decided to have a go at creating a card for a few more challenges.

I've been meaning to have a go at the 10 Minute Craft Dash at Pretty Pink Posh for a long time but have never entered until now.  When I saw that the latest challenge was the last one for the foreseeable future how could I resist, however stressful it was! 

Here's my card...




This card was made purely using VersaMark ink and three different embossing powders.  I was going to use a black panel but decided to go for purple instead and I think this works great with the three powders.  I also chose a pearlescent card base to echo the shimmery theme.  I first stamped the three fireworks and embossed with the three powders, one at a time so I could shake the card off in different directions.  I then stamped the sentiment, being careful not to disturb the unheated powder already added, and added powder to this also.  I only wanted to heat the card once which is why I took this approach.  The card panel did warp slightly after being heated so I used strips of 3D foam instead of squares which helped to straighten it back out.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Happy Days and Window Dressing
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Silver; All Night Media - Crystal Sparkle; Wow! - Aniseed Embossing Glitter
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock; card base from stash
And, I succeeded and managed to finish the card within the 10 minutes!  Crikey, how fast does that time go?!  I think a few 'OMGs' may have left my mouth during that time! :D


Challenge entries:
CAS-ual Fridays - Happy New Year
Less is More - Choose a previous challenge (I chose week 144 - Dark Background with a splash of colour/ firework colours)
CAS on Sunday - Happy New Year

That's all for now.  Back to work tomorrow and Tuesday (boooo!) but hopefully I'll find some time very soon to share more of my projects.  

Thanks so much for visiting, your comments are always very much appreciated.



9 comments:

  1. Great card - great idea and great time ... less than 10 minutes that's fantastic. Happy holidays - Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you gave the ten-minute drill a try! Great sparkle, perfect for a New Year's card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you played along in our last challenge! And you attempted embossing, which is pretty amazing! Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that embossing wider Anita!
    Super card,
    Merry Christmas
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that was a very neat and lovely card! I love how you made those glitters with different shades, from darker to lighter shades of colors, very creative!

    If you happen to look for some samples of new year messages, feel free to drop by anytime ^_^

    Cheers and hugs this holiday xxxx
    Anne Walker @
    http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!!! Those embossed, sparkly fireworks... wow!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome design! I do the same thing when embossing many things on a card...all at once :) the end result is pretty with the perfect amount of shimmer and shine! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovley new year card. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...