Tuesday 23 July 2013

Subtle Get Well Soon

Hi there

I came home from work tonight and thought I'd have a go at making another entry for the latest Clearly Besotted Challenge with the theme 'Seeing Spots' before the time runs out in a few hours.

I went for something a little different this time and used some of my new Versa Color inks to make this subtle design...




I first stamped the 'Leafy Accents' using Laurel Leaf ink, I think its such a beautiful grey/green shade.  I then used the 'Building Blocks' set to stamp the dots onto some white card using Ash Rose and Seashell inks.  I then used a small flower die from the 'Flower Arrangement' collection to cut the flowers from the dotted card.  At this point I really didn't think it was going to work at all.  The flowers looked too pale and a bit odd without any centres but I stuck with it and positioned them over the leafy background.  Once I gave them some glazed gem centres and added the ribbon it all started coming together.  I realised I didn't have any get well cards in my stock so that's what this became, using the sentiment, also from the 'Flower Arrangement' collection.

For a design I almost abandoned halfway through, I actually think it may be a design I return to again :)

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents, Building Blocks and Flower Arrangement
  • Ink: Versa Color - Laurel Leaf, Ash Rose and Seashell
  • Die: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangement
  • Gems: Papermania - Glazed Gems (Iridescent)
  • Cardstock and ribbon from stash

Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate the support and I hope to see you again very soon.




4 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty hun! Lovely! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this and may well use your layout which is so beautifully understated. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning design Anita, I love the subtle colours :) I really do appreciate all your support for the challenge - you're a star! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...