Sunday 23 June 2013

Less is More Week 125 - Happy Birthday

Morning lovelies

I woke up really early this morning and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get back to sleep so I ended up getting up and got stuck in to some more crafting.

It's Jen Nelson's birthday so the challenge at Less is More this week is to make a card that Jen would like.

'Happy Birthday, Jen, I hope you had a lovely time celebrating in Istanbul' :) xx

I tried to create something in a 'Jen Stylie' and here's what I came up with...



I recently purchased a paper pad by Fancy Pants and I love these designs, aren't they gorgeous, so I knew I wanted to use these for this card and I also chose a natural card base.  Jen loves butterflies so I incorporated these as well as a bit of matting and layering and, instead of stitching, which Jen loves to do (I don't have a sewing machine to hand), I edged my mats with some paper piercing. 

I love these neutrals combined with the kraft, I think this paper pad will be making lots more appearances!

Happy Birthday, Jen, I hope you like it! :)

Materials used:
  • Design Paper: Fancy Pants Designs - Country Boutique
  • Card Base: From stash
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Kraftstax
  • Stamp: BoBunny - Sentiments Stamp set
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog
  • Ribbon: American Crafts - Premium Grosgrain
  • Pearls: Hobbycraft - 3mm White Pearl Gem Stones
  • Tools: Stampin' Up - Paper Piercing Kit

That's all for now folks, thanks for popping by and see you very soon :)

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Neet! Love the simplicity of it, the papers and the butterflies :) The layout works great too! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour combination and style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Neet!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of kraft colours make this card look stupendous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the soft tones of the DP and your Kraft butterflies are lovely. Fab layout too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Anita. The colour scheme is really subtle and delicate - You've given me an idea for a card... Thanks for the inspiration! Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card
    thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...