Wednesday 22 May 2013

Precious Baby Boy

Hi folks

Today I'm sharing a card I made for an order for a friend.  The little chap concerned made an appearance into the world about 6 weeks early so I had to make this one ahead of time! :)

Apologies for the dark photo, I took this at about 7.15am today and the light wasn't great but I had to pass the card on today.





I couldn't wait to use my new stamp set by Clearly Besotted Stamps, Baby Love.  There are some lovely images in this set and I think this little pram is just adorable.  I was also itching to use my new pack of MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax.  I've seen these used all over blogland but everywhere I looked they were either really expensive or sold out.  I dragged my chap around a local craft shop a few weeks ago and he thought I was completely bonkers when I let out a little shriek from the corner of the shop where I found a little pack just for me!  *little claps*

I had all the elements stamped and cut out and was going to use a square card base but I just couldn't find a layout I liked so I decided on a landscape layout in the end.  I'm not entirely happy with it as it looks a little busy, sometimes I start with a layout idea and other cards just sort of evolve.  The pram ended up looking a little lost so I sparkled it up with some Stickles for a bit of bling.  Boys do glam too right?! :)

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Baby Love
  • Ink: Versa Color - Baby Blue; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels One; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Stax; Xcut Nesting Dies - Circles
  • Cardstock: Crafters Companion - Neenah Classic Crest Card (white); Docrafts - Boofle 6" x 6" Designstax (blue gingham)
  • Glitter Glue: Stickles - Star Dust
  • Ribbon and gems from stash

Hopefully be back soon as I hope to find time to make a couple of challenge cards in the next day or two.

Thanks for popping by as always.






4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Neet, I love the layout you have used. With regards to the cardstock, apparently the Anna Marie Designs is good for Promarkers. I only have Copics so will be testing with those but I'll let you know what I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle, I'll have to use what I have at the moment as I only have the one cupboard for my stash but if its any good I'll make that my purchase next time :) xx

      Delete
  2. I just love everything you make with CB stamps - thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...