Sunday 3 February 2013

Kraft & Kreme - Happy 2nd Birthday Less is More

Hi guys

I've not had much chance for crafting this week but I'm back and I'd like to start by wishing Less Is More a very happy 2nd birthday.  I only discovered the challenge blog about a month ago when I started my blog and so far I'm loving it and getting loads of inspiration from all the different entries for each challenge.

So this week's challenge at Less is More is a colour challenge and we are only allowed to use
Kraft & Kreme
on our creations.
 
 
Here is my card...
 
 
and a closer view...
 

 
I did find this challenge a struggle at first due to my lack of stock but I love the finished result.
 
I started by using a kraft card base.  I then found some pearlescent cream card in my stash and I love the effect of embossing on pearlescent card so I ran this through my Big Shot using an embossing folder.  Before adhering to the base I rounded one corner of the embossed card with some decorative scissors.  Next I used an oval die to cut out more kraft card.  I then discovered that stamping the sentiment with VersaMark on kraft doesn't show up too well!  So I die cut another oval and the only ink I had which would be suitable for this design was white, which I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to make it more subtle.  I affixed this oval to the base and finished by die cutting two small butterflies and popping these up on 3D foam.  I was going to carry on and use some pearls to decorate the butterflies but decided that of course, Less is More, and due to the embossed background the card didn't need any more.  Very proud of myself for holding back! :)
 
Materials used:
  • Card: Papermania - Recycled Kraft Card Blanks; Pearlescent cream card from stash
  • Embossing Folder: Craft Concepts - Florette
  • Stamp: Woodware - Salutations stamp set
  • Ink: Versacolor - White
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Dies: Spellbinders - Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large; Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Wishes
  • Decorative Scissors: Fiskars - Corner Edgers 'Rounder'
 
I don't think this will be the last time I use this colour combo, sometimes colour just isn't required.
 
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate you stopping by.
 
 
Neet x
 



14 comments:

  1. Really lovely card. Love the embossing. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, let me assure you it has taken me years to build up my stash & I still get stash even. But you are doing a great job with what you have got

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty Anita. The embossing is beautiful :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, this card is so pretty! I love the glossy paper. You might have limited "stock" but you've created a GORGEOUS card with what you have. I've been "scrapbooking/cardmaking" since 2000 and I have entirely TOO MUCH stuff! When you get too much, you forget what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. LOVE the embossed pearlescent card which works so well with the Kraft. I'd forgotten that I also have this e.f. so thanks for reminding me to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beeeeeeatiful... so simple, elegant and almost divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, thanks for the comment. Re the dynamic duos, you can use other ink, as long as it is as close to the colours they have mentioned. I used Tim Holtz Fired Brick and Spun sugar for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi anita! this is lovely... love the EF!!

    Sorry for the late visit this week... Thanks for joining us for the 2nd birthday celebrations!
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen and I also want to thank you for the heads up on the Flexmarker offer, waited for pay day and got myself a few sets to start me off :) xx

      Delete
  9. This is really lovely Anita! For a limited stash, you are certainly making some lovely cards! :)) You know Stampin' Up have an awesome offer where you can get £162.50 worth of stash for only £99? And you get to order ANYTHING you like! It's a great way of 'stocking' up! If you fancy learning more, gimme a shout! :)
    In the mean time, keep the gorgeous cards coming! :))
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizy, sounds great. I have limited funds each month so can't consider it at the mo but I now know where to come for new goodies :) I don't have anything by Stampin Up but have seen so many lovely cards using their products. Note to self...BUY MORE LOTTERY TICKETS!! :D xx

      Delete
  10. Hey hun...would you email me at lizygreen@aol.com? I have some Promarkers spare...they may be of use to you... :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and really like how you have rounded off one corner...a little touch, that really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...